Summer 2017

Summer 2017

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Camp Dakota Anniversary Trip

Erik and I headed up to meet Brian and the other kids after getting out of the hospital to spend the last day of our anniversary trip together at Camp Dakota.  The boys raced big RC cars before heading up to camp. 
Daddy watched and had an ear to ear smile seeing Erik better and skipping around with joy! 
I had all the kids lay down in the tent to rest for while.   Brian cooked some spaghetti and rolls for dinner. 
I set up Erik and my sleeping pad and bag.  The site was on a huge slope so we slept on a ramp! 
The kids and me enjoying some down time.  Trying to keep Erik on bed rest was nearly impossible! 
Brian helped though by reading to him for a while after dinner. 
The kids loved the campfire and I realized we need to buy more camp chairs!  Erik fits on the bench by himself now! 
Roasting marshmallows, no Erik didn't eat his. 
Sunday was our 12th wedding anniversary!  I didn't get much sleep getting up with Erik a couple of times that night.  We were glad to be together as a family though. 
Ella with her enormous nature collection!  I let her bring home one stick and the bag full of polished stones she panned during Gold Panning before I arrived. 
Camden helped Daddy fold and pack up the tent.  We had to check out by 11am but we walked back in from the day use parking lot. 
Erik wasn't feeling well by this time! 
The kids played some ultimate Frisbee, 
the kids learned how to throw Tomahawks, 
watch Mommy and Daddy play with the Tomahawks, 
Awwwww... 
and then the kids Rockclimbed the wall. 
Camden made his way up to the top of the wall and rung the bell!
 
Ella made it up to the bell too! 
Erik REALLY wanted to ring the bell too, but he was so weak. 
The kids played around for a while, Brian and I made it up to the top, and then I had an idea! 
I had Brian climb up on the rope to the left of Erik's and basically push him up to the top so he could ring the bell too!  My phone went dead about now, so that all I have.  Brian has the 1st half of the trip pictures before I came and the paintball pictures as well.  Hopefully I will get them downloaded soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment